Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Field Trip in Singapore

You can always count on Bene to take you on educational trips. I guess that being a natural nerd (look who's talking), it’s in his nature to enjoy going to historical places and explaining their histories.

Our last day in Singapore was spent sightseeing. Mine was, anyway. My best friend, Tanya, managed to escape from Bene’s clutches. Not that I didn’t enjoy the trip… I actually enjoyed the day very much. Surprisingly, I’m glad that I gave up shopping to tour the city.

Our first stop was Bugis junction. We walked from Bugis to the Divine. I don’t know what it’s supposed to be but there are supposed to be “angels” beside the wineracks at 7pm onwards. The angels go up and down to retrieve wine from the high placed racks. Unfortunately, picture taking wasn’t allowed inside, so we just took pictures outside.















(l-r) Tanya, me, Merce, Donna, Step and Bene

The Vietnamese embassy is also located in this building, by the way.

Then, we went to the National Library. Hehehe, having a nice library is a big motivation for kids to study… or maybe it’s just me, since I like books. Downside is, you can’t bring outside reading materials inside.

After going to the library, Tanya and I parted ways. She had to go shopping or else her sister will kill her. We all know that it’s not true, more like, she’ll kill herself , if she didn’t finish scouting the whole Orchard Road for good bargains.

We then, headed to Far East Square to grab something to eat. It was quite hot and we needed something to cool us down.

After having our cool treats, our next stop was Fullerton. It used to be a post office and was converted to a hotel. Nice hotel, it’s like being transported back to the 50’s. We lounged around the infinity pool, which was surprisingly small. Afterwards, we headed towards our next destination… The Westin! By this time, there were only 4 of us left to enjoy the view from Singapore’s highest peak.

(looks like legoland doesn't it?)

Happy hour just started and we’re all for bargains so, we spent quite a lot time drinking. The four of us had a vanilla smoothie (tasted like Robitussin/Biogesic syrup- which was fine by me), an autumn beauty (had a tinge of grapefruit), a couple of beers and a couple of iced margaritas- 1 strawberry and 1 mango. I wasn’t used to drinking in the middle of the day so, I felt quite silly doing that. The iced mango margarita was the pits so we played a game. If we were able to finish the margarita drink in just 2 gulps, Bene will buy us a drink called test tube babies. I was quite stupid actually, since I didn’t want to drink anymore, I shouldn’t have bothered to join the game. But, I love challenges and bargains so what the heck!

The test tube babies was not bad. I could tell that Merce was getting tipsy already because she became quiet. Donna, on the other hand, kept giggling.

It was growing quite dark already so we decided to head home. We passed by the church. At this angle, it looked eerie. Outside the church, there were a lot of Filipinos. The mass has just ended.

Before heading back to the hotel, we grabbed something to eat. We finished dinner around 10pm. Lots of things to talk about!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kakainggit naman library nila. -greentealover

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home