Saturday, May 06, 2006

Whatever Happened to Bruce Morada...?

I probably was not the only girl who fell for Bruce Morada’s charms. He probably was my first and last crush in college. Every time I saw him, my face automatically broke out into a smile. I felt so silly, then. But I can’t help it.

The first time I met him was during the Apostolate that we had every Sunday. He had long, wavy hair and dreamy eyes. The kind that penetrates your being whenever you gaze into his eyes. But, that’s not how I saw him that first time. That first time, I saw him as the guy with unruly hair (I hate guys with longer hair than mine), poor manners, and even less sense.

However, everything changed the first time he picked up the stupid guitar and sang the song “Is it Okay if I called you mine?” by Paul McCrane. Oh, why did he have to sing that stupid song and why did I have to be a sucker for those kinds of songs during that time. I bet, if someone sings that song to me now, it probably wouldn’t have any effect on me (well, maybe it will… depending on the person who sang it). Anyway, he didn’t exactly dedicate the song to me. But, at that moment, I felt like he was singing the song to me and that we were the only two people in the org room.

Oh, I know that he saw me only as the little freshman girl but it didn’t matter. From that day on, I looked forward to “accidentally” bumping into him. Not that I wanted to hook up with him or something, but I just wanted to see him. And it’s not like I deliberately followed him to bump into him.

From that day onwards, his wavy hair seemed to be nice and not disgusting. I also noticed that he had a set of nice, white teeth. His voice was deep and relaxing. He was also quite smart, actually and I wonder if he was only pretending to be an airhead. He made sense when everyone didn’t and didn’t make sense when everyone made sense. So that made him kinda smart, right?

I guess that he only saw me as a little sister but it didn’t matter. All I know is that I was happy when I was with him. Even if what we did wasn’t even remotely romantic, I guess we had some fun. I even got a free back massage from it. *^__^*

Anyway, he eventually graduated and I saw him once or twice when he was working for the school. After that, I never saw him again. He will always have a place in my heart because he was my first crush and all, no more no less.

I heard that he is married now. Apparently, he got a girl pregnant in Davao. I hope that he’s happily married. It’s too bad that he didn’t end up with the girl of his dreams- Sherry. I don’t know if she really became a nun.

That’s all I have on Bruce Morada. I probably won’t bump into him again in the future, maybe I will… only time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home