Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Great Singapore Sale Trip and then some...

I’m going back to Singapore this June to attend a meal presentation for the company. Hopefully, I would be able to catch the great Singapore sale this year. Last year, I also went to Singapore but wasn’t able to catch the sale. So, in my opinion, last year’s great Singapore sale wasn’t so great. I really felt bad because the sale caught me unaware. I left for Manila the day before the sale started. Imagine, if I were only there, I would’ve brought really great bargains home.

This year, I will go there prepared. For starters, I extended my trip and filed the extra days that I will be staying in Singapore as vacation leaves. Not only that, I will also be bringing my best friend, Tanya, along with me to enjoy this once a year phenomenon. Tanya is more shopaholic than I am so I probably won’t feel guilty about the purchases that I will be making. Also, I’ll be sure to include my handy dandy credit card in my "must- brings" because you’ll never know when you’ll run out of cash. One thing I learned when while travelling is to always bring your credit card with you. That way, you won’t regret not being able to buy something you really want. I mean, it’s not often that you get sent to other countries for work. I don’t worry about maxing my credit card, because I have an iron will.

Our trip there won’t be spent entirely for shopping. Tanya and I also plan to do some sightseeing. When the urge to do some shopping has been completely fulfilled, (I won’t count on this), we’re going to Sentosa and the Jurong Bird Park. I’m still contemplating on whether we’re gonna visit the Night Safari. According to my officemate who went to see the Night Safari, the place lives up to its name. It’s too dark that you can barely see anything. Everything’s tentative though, what good is being there if you can’t go to places you’d really like to see because of your plans, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home