Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Favorite Things

When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad... I simply remember my favorite things... and then I don't feel, so bad.

The sound of music is one of my favorite movies. I used to play it over and over and not get tired of it. It's probably because of the beautiful sceneries that it painted and the utterly optimistic songs that it played. Hey, I'm a cheerful person so it's but natural for me to love songs and movies that are happy cheery.

Since I'm already in la-la land and any motivation to work today has already flown out the window, I figured that it would be nice to give my brain a much needed exercise (i.e. blogging) . My mood is also not that good today so I think writing about my favorite things will definitely be helpful to lighten up my mood.

And these are a few of my favorite things:

vanilla ice cream, vanilla panna cotta, vanilla... almost anything vanilla (i don't like the lotions and beauty stuff made of vanilla though... these beans are made for eating!!!)

rich chocolate ganache, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies... chocolatetruffles, dark chocolates (have you noticed that my mind is full of foodstuff?)

gray skies that signal rain... (no, not the typhoons, i don't like rains which bring destruction, slight drizzling is okay! it's also cool how the rainbow shows up after it rains)

fluff ball puppies (as long as they don't smell... generally, puppies smell like milk--- umm ummm makes me feel hungry)

wooden grand pianos and vintage guitars (what can i say, i'm a frustrated musician, i need to take my frustrations out elsewhere)

hanging out with real close friends....(chai tea latte!)

having a sleep over with my best friend, Tanya (my oldest friend too! we've been really good friends for almost 20 years... our friendship even lasted longer than some marriages *tee hee* )

hot roasted chicken, chinese dumplings, warm almond soup and sweet black sesame soup (hmmm... food again, that's how much i love food huh)

smooth sheets, warm blankets and cool, soft pillows (i also like to sleep)

nice smell of books and a cup of fragrant hot tea

whee whee whee sushi! (i'm trying to cut down because of the thing about the worms... but i can't get worms by writing about it =D)

a good massage

a nice haircut (i like having my hair cut!)


and a warm shower (you can't make me get out!)

ahhh, cozy! feels like i'm home already! hehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home